Wednesday, November 16, 2011

We are all a little crazy...

So remember how I told you I was going to start blogging on here consistently? About that... Sorry. But, I am really excited to write this post! The thing is, health isn't just working out and eating well. It encompasses so many aspects. Ever heard of the wellness wheel? Well as you can see, one of the parts of this wheel is mental health. Good mental health is necessary for day to day living. We all have our little things that we are crazy about. For me, I CANNOT stand a dirty kitchen. I HAVE to have the dishes in the dishwasher or put away in the cupboards. This may be a little boarderline OCD, but I will save talking about that for another post.

If you have good mental health, you are able to:
*Function under adversity
*Change or adapt to changes around you
*Maintain control over your tension and anxiety
*Find more satisfaction in giving rather than receiving
*Show consideration for others
*Curb hate and guilt
*Love others

I don't know about you, but looking at this list I know I am not perfect in all aspects of mental health, hence why I titled this post the way I did. We all have things that we need to work on. If you have good mental health, it helps you have better emotional health, which can play a big part into your eating habbits.

Challenge: Find one thing that you can improve in your mental health. Then for one week document how it goes. You will find that by setting a goal and documenting about it, it will help you improve far greater than just saying you will do it. If you need any ideas of examples of mental health goals, just let me know! Good luck!!

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you! I need you to help me understand how to set a goal; I'm not sure how or what to change.

    ReplyDelete