Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Tasty Treat

I LOVE my sweets! Sometimes it seems like I crave a cookie right when I wake up. It's a terrible thing. However, I have found that if I have fruit around I will eat that when I have a sweet tooth and it takes the craving away. Lately I have been making a smoothie with frozen fruit and orange juice. It makes for a great snack or a healthy breakfast to start your day.

Makes approximately 12 oz
1 1/2 cup frozen fruit (I use a Dole mixed berry blend of strawberries, pineapple, peach, and mango)
3/4 cup orange juice

This 12 oz smoothie is 180 calories. You can try any kind of fruit you want. Today I even put a banana in it. This kind of treat is especially good on a hot summer day :)

Challenge: Try eating a fruit next time you have a craving for something sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment