Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Gluten Free

"Gluten Free" You see it everywhere these days. Why? One reason is because doctors are becoming more aware of something called Celiac Disease. An autoimmune disease where your intestines become damaged from the gluten which results in your body not being able to absorb nutrients that your food will provide you. People with Celiac need to avoid gluten for this reason.

I have been hearing of other people, who don't have Celiac, going "Gluten free" because it is healthier for you. I always listen to what they have to say, but I take things with a grain of salt. I like to hear their opinions, but then go research it out on my own to form my own opinion. I have also noticed, while shopping at the grocery store, a lot of items that slap on the label "Gluten Free". I think to myself, "That never had gluten in it anyways, so how can they make it more gluten free than it already is?"

Anyways, I won't go on. Should you eliminate gluten from your diet? I don't know. It's your own opinion unless you are diagnosed with Celiac, then yes. My husband showed me an article on KSL that I found interesting. I also found this video to share with you. Maybe these resources will help you form your own opinion of "Gluten Free".


Challenge: Learn more about Celiac disease and the pros and cons of going Gluten free for yourself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment